Chilling Moment Sailors Came Across Ghost Ship near the Bermuda Triangle


The Bermuda Triangle has been shrouded in mystery for decades, and stories of eerie happenings in the area continue to intrigue and captivate people around the world.

One such story involves a pair of sailors from the Ocean Research Project who stumbled upon a ghost ship while exploring the Atlantic Ocean in 2013.

As they approached the vessel, they noticed that something was not right; the ship was eerily quiet, and there was no one aboard.

“There was no sign of anyone,” said one of the sailors. “The sail wasn’t up, and the motor wasn’t running.”

Concerned that someone on board might be injured or in need of medical attention, the sailors decided to board the vessel and investigate.

One of the sailors, Matt Rutherford, filmed the entire experience, commenting, “This is one awfully abandoned sailboat. Wolfhound from the Irish Yacht Club. I have no idea what’s inside, I’m going to go and search around and I hope I don’t find any dead bodies or anything crazy like that.”

As he explored the vessel, Matt admitted that he was afraid to open any doors or cabinets, fearing that he might find something gruesome.

However, to his relief, he found no evidence of any foul play. “No dead bodies, thank God,” he said.

The sailors managed to get in touch with the boat’s owner, who offered them a cash reward if they could tow the vessel back to Bermuda.

The sailors agreed, and over the next two days, they hauled the abandoned boat for about 50 miles.

“It’s kinda funny, 48ft boat with a 42ft boat. We’re doing our best trying to get her to Bermuda,” said Matt.

After 47 days at sea, the sailors’ boat began to run low on fuel, so they flagged down a passing freight ship and convinced them to offload some gas to them.

Unfortunately, the abandoned Wolfhound vessel had to be cut from the tow line after getting wrapped around the rudder, posing a dangerous risk of breaking off.

Since sharing the video, online sleuths have come to the conclusion that the vessel belonged to Alan McGettigan, a skipper from the Royal Irish Yacht Club who was traveling along with crewmates Declan Hayes, Morgan Crowe, and Tom Mulligan.

The Wolfhound had suffered some damage caused by 20ft waves and 50-knot winds, and Alan and his crew had set off an emergency beacon and abandoned the Wolfhound at sea during the rescue.


Leave a Reply