Sinead O’Connor has been admitted to hospital just days after her son’s tragic death at the age of just 17.
The singer’s son Shane had been found dead on January 7 after going missing.
O’Connor has been struggling to come to terms with the loss and confirmed on Twitter that she’s been hospitalized.
“Shane’s death was no one’s fault but my own”
“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that. I am with cops now on way to hospital. I’m sorry I upset everyone. I am lost without my kid and I hate myself. Hospital will help a while. But I’m going to find Shane. This is just a delay.”
The Nothing Compares 2U singer previously attacked the mental health authorities who had been charged with looking after Shane before he took his own life.
Announcing the news of his death, she said:
“My beautiful son, Nevi’im Nesta Ali Shane O’Connor, the very light of my life, decided to end his earthly struggle today and is now with God.
“May he rest in peace and may no one follow his example. My baby. I love you so much. Please be at peace.”