Travis Scott reportedly attended an Astroworld after-party at Dave & Buster’s following the crowd surge that took the lives of eight people and injured many more.
A source told TMZ that nobody told Travis Scott about the deaths, so he went about his usual business and went to the party, completely unaware that the tragedy had taken place.
Sources told TMZ:
“Travis didn’t know the severity of the situation when he arrived at the party, as far as timing, this remains consistent with the fact that no one including the police had publicly confirmed the gravity of the events that had taken place.”
The party was thrown by Drake, who joined Scott on stage at the festival earlier that night. Drake also had no idea that the tragedy had taken place.
Now both artists are being sued for ‘inciting mayhem’ at the festival.
23-year-old Kristian Paredes was one of the many festival-goes who was seriously injured at the show, and has legally accused the rappers, Live Nation Entertainment Inc. and Harris County Sports and Convention Corporation of negligence and inciting the crowd.
The complaint was obtained by the Daily Mail, and it accuses superstar Drake of coming ‘on stage alongside Travis Scott and helping incite the crowd.’
As a result of the surge, Paredes is suing for more than $1 million in damages for his injuries, many of which he claims are permanent.
More details are emerging following the death of eight people at Astroworld Festival on Friday night.
Houston Police Chief Troy Finner has now confirmed that a security guard was pricked by a potential opioid needle by an unknown individual.
The security guard fell unconscious after feeling the prick and was revived by medics with Narcan.
“WE DO HAVE A REPORT OF A SECURITY OFFICER, ACCORDING TO THE MEDICAL STAFF THAT TREATED HIM LAST NIGHT, THAT HE WAS REACHING OVER TO RESTRAIN OR GRAB A CITIZEN AND HE FELT A PRICK IN HIS NECK.”
Houston Police Chief Troy Finner confirms that during the Astroworld Festival in Houston a member of security passed out after appearing to be injected in the neck by a concert-goer.
He added that the security officer was revived with Narcan.
Latest: https://t.co/eqLUaK8YDF pic.twitter.com/dm2ZIqo2bS
— Sky News (@SkyNews) November 6, 2021
Hamad Al Barrak, a 19-year-old music fan, was at the festival and has described the horrifying scenes in an interview with Reuters.
“THERE WERE JUST TOO MANY PEOPLE. WE WERE ALL PRESSED TOGETHER. YOU FELT LIKE YOU COULDN’T BREATHE.”
I SCREAMED FOR HELP SO MANY TIMES, ALERTED SECURITY, ASKED EVERYONE IN THE CROWD IF THERE WAS ANYONE WHO WAS CPR CERTIFIED. EVERY CALL WENT UNANSWERED. I WAS TOLD, ‘WE ALREADY KNOW, AND WE CAN’T DO ANYTHING TO STOP THE SHOW, THEY’RE STREAMING LIVE’. DISGUSTING. #ASTROWORLDFEST.