Parents Of Chiefs Fan Who Was Found Frozen To Death Say ‘There’s More To The Story’ After Toxicology Results Released

Parents Of Chiefs Fan Who Was Found Frozen To Death Say ‘There’s More To The Story’ After Toxicology Results Released

The parents of David Harrington, one of three Kansas City Chiefs fans found deceased under tragic circumstances, have publicly addressed the situation following preliminary toxicology results. On January 9, the bodies of David Harrington, 37, Ricky Johnson, 38, and Clayton McGeeney, 36, were discovered at the rental home of Jordan Willis after the group had gathered to watch a playoff game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Los Angeles Chargers on January 7. The welfare check that led to the grim discovery was prompted by the fiancée of one of the men.

Authorities found one body on the back porch and the other two in the backyard, with the men believed to have died due to exposure to severe cold temperatures. John Picerno, Willis’ attorney, stated that Willis had been asleep for much of the 48 hours following the game and was unaware of the men’s deaths until police arrived at his residence. Another attendee, Alex Waemer-Lee, reportedly left the gathering around 11:00 PM, leaving the others behind.

Picerno emphasized that Willis “had absolutely nothing to do with their deaths,” noting his client’s lack of knowledge regarding the timing, manner, and circumstances of their exit from his house. Following the incident, it was reported that Willis checked into rehab, recognizing a need to address his addiction issues in the wake of his friends’ deaths.

The toxicology report revealed the presence of “several” substances in the bodies of the deceased, including traces of cocaine and fentanyl, according to sources cited by TMZ. Responding to these findings, Theresa Harrington, David’s stepmother, spoke to NewsNation’s Chris Cuomo, expressing that the presence of drugs does not fully explain the tragedy. She emphasized that David was not a drug addict and speculated that peer pressure might have played a role in his decision to consume the substances.

Jon Harrington, David’s father, pointed out that the toxicology results do not account for how their son and his friends ended up frozen after their visit to Willis’ home, suggesting foul play. Theresa Harrington also noted the ongoing nature of the police investigation as indicative of unresolved questions surrounding the case.

Despite the family’s concerns, Alayna Gonzalez, a spokeswoman for the Kansas City Police Department, confirmed to PEOPLE that the case is still under active investigation as a death inquiry.