Police Provide Major Update on Deaths of 3 Kansas City Fans

Police Provide Major Update on Deaths of 3 Kansas City Fans

Officials have updated the public on the tragic case involving the deaths of three Kansas City Chiefs fans, found frozen outside a friend’s home. David Harrington, 37, Ricky Johnson, 38, and Clayton McGeeney, 36, were discovered on January 9 after a gathering to watch the Chiefs’ final regular season game.

The incident has deeply affected Jordan Willis, a 37-year-old HIV data scientist, whose house the men were found at. Willis has been dealing with severe emotional distress, facing accusations that have left him “devastated and depressed,” as per sources close to him. He reported sleeping for nearly 48 hours after the game, remaining unaware of the situation until the police arrived for a welfare check.

John Picerno, Willis’s attorney, strongly defended his client, stating, “He does not know the timing or manner of their deaths, nor does he know how or when they exited his house.”

The Kansas City Police Department has emphasized the absence of foul play in their update. Alayna Gonzalez, a spokeswoman for the department, confirmed, “This still remains a death investigation and nothing more. We still have no evidence or indication of foul play, no one is in police custody,” as reported by AP.

As the investigation continues, the medical examiner is tasked with determining the cause of death. No arrests or charges have been made in connection with the case. Despite this, the families of the victims have expressed doubts about Willis’s narrative, linking the deaths to his career as an HIV research scientist. A source close to the Willis family has strongly dismissed these theories, labeling the “mad scientist agenda” as absurd and irrelevant to the case, according to Fox News Digital.

Jon Harrington, father of one of the deceased, expressed his suspicions, saying, “[His mother] and I are both convinced that Jordan Willis played a part in this somehow. We just haven’t figured out how yet… What else could it be? Perfectly healthy men don’t just drop off the face of the Earth.” However, the source close to the Willis family highlighted that Willis had known the deceased since high school and had recently reconnected with them after years away.

Addressing the question of Willis’s therapy dog not noticing the bodies, the source clarified that the dog, which serves Willis’s father battling Alzheimer’s disease, was not at the house during the incident.

Willis, who has had to relocate due to media coverage and threats, is cooperating with the police investigation and is facing intense public scrutiny, as noted by the source.